Avelo Airlines Two Roundtrip Tickets Sweepstakes
Sponsored by Lexington-Fayette Urban County Airport Board & Avelo Airlines
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Airport Board and Avelo Airlines (the “Sponsor”) will conduct the Promotion substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Promotion/Participation:
Two prizes will be awarded during the Promotion Period. Each prize includes two (2) roundtrip, non-stop Avelo Airlines tickets to anywhere Avelo Airlines flies within the United States. Each roundtrip ticket includes priority boarding, one (1) carry-on and one (1) checked bag and a seat assignment up to $20.00 for the winner and a companion. Prize winners are encouraged to book early for best flight selection. Total ARV of each prize is $500.00. See Section 2 for prize terms.
A. Promotion Period: The Promotion Period will begin on September 22, 2022 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and conclude on September 22, 2022 at 7:45 pm ET (“the Promotion Period”). NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
B. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, see an LEX/Avelo Airlines Ambassador at the Thursday Night Live concert (no admission charged) to complete the official entry form. Follow the on-screen directions, complete all required fields and submit to enter (a “Registration Entry”) to receive one (1) entry in the Promotion. Entrants must complete all required information. LIMIT ONE (1) REGISTRATION ENTRY PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS per promotion period. (2) Winners will be selected at random on September 22, 2022 from all entries. By entering, you consent to receive email announcements from Sponsor. You may unsubscribe from these email announcements at any time without affecting your chances of winning this Promotion.
C. Prize Drawing: Prior to the end of the Promotion Period (at approximately 7:45 pm), the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing at the Thursday Night Live event (no admission charged) for the Promotion. If the winner is not present, they will be notified via the phone and email address provided on the Promotion entry submission form and will have 72 hours to claim their prize. The failure of the prize winner to respond within 72 hours or a determination that a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsor, will result in forfeiture of the corresponding prize and the choosing of an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries.
2. Prize Terms and Conditions:
A. Procedures for requesting tickets will be provided to winner. Tickets have no value except when redeemed in accordance with the terms and conditions listed below. Tickets are not transferable and subject to availability. A Redemption Code will be listed on the procedures and must be provided when booking tickets.
B. Tickets must be issued by the Avelo Customer Support Center at 346.616.9500. Winner must contact the Customer Support Center to book, change or cancel the tickets.
C. Travel Awards provided in this agreement cannot be bartered or sold for cash, or in lieu of cash payment. No cash, credit or other refund value if service is cancelled or moved to a different date.
D. Any applicable fees, taxes, surcharges, service charges or passenger facility charges are the responsibility of the user and must be paid at the time the tickets are issued. Taxes shall include all federal, state, local and foreign taxes of any kind, and whether assessed for winning or otherwise coming into receipt of the tickets, or in relation to use of the tickets.
E. All travel expenses not specifically listed, including but not limited to, transportation between winner’s home and major closest airport, ground transportation, gas, meals, parking fees, insurance, tolls, beverages, activities, incidental hotel expenses, gratuities, airline fees, fuel, surcharges (including NAV surcharges), airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses, are the sole responsibility of each winner and, where applicable, must be paid by winner with a credit card at the time of booking.
F. The winner is responsible (at his/her expense) for ensuring that he/she has a valid required travel documentation. Each winner must comply with all airline and security requirements. The winner is responsible for procuring personal travel insurance prior to departure, if desired.
G. Tickets that are not used by the expiration date of the contract will not be extended. Credit will not be given for unused tickets.
H. Lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced.
I. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such prize (or portion thereof) with an equivalent prize of equal or greater value.
J. Sponsor is not responsible for flight cancellations, weather conditions or any other circumstance beyond its control, or for inability of winner to travel in accordance with these Official Rules. Winners’ guest must be 18 years of age or older, unless the winner is the parent/legal guardian of the guest. Winners and guests must be available to travel on the same itinerary. Travel arrangements of winners must be booked/ticketed at least three (3) weeks prior to travel through Sponsor. Dates of trip, location, and travel arrangements are at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and are subject to availability and change.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per person/email address for the Promotion. Employees of the Sponsor and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion. The Sponsor may require proof of consent at any time and in any manner they deem appropriate.
4. Delivery Disclaimer. For all contests, the Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Promotion.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Sponsor exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Promotion, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Sponsor may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Promotion to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Winners’ List. To view the winners’ list for this Promotion, please visit facebook.com/bluegrassairport for a post made the day of or soon after each event. The names will be available after winner validation has been completed.
8. Release. By participating in the Promotion, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Sponsor, its employees and agencies for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Promotion, or from the use of any prize.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification before any prize will be awarded.
*Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor will need to fill out a W-9 form and will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS***
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor’s personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Promotion and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Promotion is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Promotion, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Miscellaneous. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Promotion at any time. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Promotion. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Airport Sponsor during normal business hours or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the address listed below. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail or email lists, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with promotion name to Lexington-Fayette Urban County Airport Board, Marketing Department, 4000 Terminal Drive, Suite 206, Lexington, KY 40510.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Promotion is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Sponsor shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Promotion, etc. as required by local and state law.